Alphatech provides products and services that support academic & medical research institutes, and pharmaceutical, biotech, food, water and industrial companies, in their efforts to improve animal, human and environmental condition.
Alphatech has been serving science and technology since 1982, providing essential and renowned technology based solutions. We are now headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, and conduct business around New Zealand and further afield.
With the range of branded products we carry, we have access to almost every research, testing and process laboratory in New Zealand.
Scientific and technical products,services and solutions that support
From laboratory essentials to exciting new technologies, we are confident that you will find a product to fit your requirements and experience the back up support through our sales and service teams.
Proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated
... to provide scientific and technical products, services and solutions that support academic and government medical & research institutions, as well as analytical, diagnostic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and industrial companies.
... to deliver the right balance of technologies, products, services and support on a timely, accurate and complete basis, so that our clients can advance, grow and gain a strong competitive advantage
A Continually Evolving History
- 1983 Founded by Conway Bishop as an off-shoot of the Auckland Nuclear Accessory Company (ANAC). Originally located in Wakefield St, Central Auckland, Alphatech started with four employees
- 1984 Company growth precipitated Alphatech's move from Central Auckland to new and larger premises in Parnell.
- 1984 - 2004 As Alphatech continued its growth and development, staff numbers increased, and Alphatech's scope widened across a broad range of scientific and technical segments to satisfy the market needs.
- 2005 Alphatech creates a new partnership with Albie Neal, restructures, and moves to new premises in Greenlane, Auckland. The Alphatech team is increased. Of the present 17 employees, 7 sales staff and 2 service engineers (plus additional contract engineers) provide coverage throughout New Zealand and further afield.
- 2009 Alphatech Systems joins with Kerr Scientific in a new joint venture to bring to market the new Tissue Recording System ™. The Kerr TRS™ is a portable laboratory instrument which allows the user to record and rapidly assess the effects of drugs and toxins on living, electrically excitable tissues.
- 2012 GBC Scientific NZ and Alphatech Systems agreed to merge the Analytical and Materials Testing business of GBC Scientific NZ into Alphatech Systems.
To be our clients' partner of choice and preferred supplier for differentiated scientific solutions based on advanced technologies and to deliver the right balance of technologies, products, services and to support on a timely, accurate and complete basis so that our clients can advance, grow and gain a strong competitive advantage.
In summary, we do not aim to be the biggest, or to deliver the quickest, or to offer the most services or technologies we aim to be accountable for our actions, to do what we say we will do, to deliver on the customer and equipment service standards we promise, and to first and foremost be the technology solutions supplier you can most trust.
Our Technology Segments
Our Market Segments
Alphatech Systems is a premiere New Zealand owned specialist scientific equipment, reagents and consumable supplier. As agent or distributor for manufacturers around the world, we are able to supply a full range of products and solutions to meet all the needs of today's modern laboratory, ranging from pH meters to HPLC, from robotic sample preparation to general lab water baths and consumables. Contact us for details on our latest range of products and suppliers.
Our Technical Sales Team
Our Product Specialists and Technical Representatives have wide-ranging practical backgrounds in science, together with tertiary qualifications in the following technical fields:
- Biomedical Science
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Medical Technology
- Physics and Radiation Physics
This level of practical experience, combined with the specific training by respective manufacturers and years of customer contact, gives them the ability to clearly assess your needs and offer products and solutions that are best suited to your requirements.
Phone: 09-580 1959 (from outside New Zealand: +64-9-580 1959)
Toll free: 0800 ALPHATECH (0800 257 428) - ask for Customer Support (extensions 716 or 703)
Email us here Sales Enquiries and your request will be forwarded to the specific Product Specialist, who deals with your product.
Our Prime Business Contacts
|Albie Neal||Conway Bishop|
Our Business Partners
We welcome enquiries from specialist companies seeking technically skilled representation in New Zealand. Please contact us.
|Telephone:||+64 (0) 9 580 1959|
|Freephone:||0800 ALPHATECH (0800 257 428)|
|Fax:||+64 (0) 9 580 2044|
|Postal Address:||PO Box 62613, Greenlane, Auckland 1546, NEW ZEALAND|
|Shipping Address:||630a Great South Rd, Greenlane, Auckland 1051, NEW ZEALAND|